Some don't make new year's resolutions, others are all for it. At Pivotte, we fall into the latter camp. But this year, in addition to setting 2016 goals, we thought about rules that we personally live by and apply to LIFE, not just a calendar year. We call them "personal commandments."
Then we asked you - our dear customers and fans - to share some of your rules. And the list below highlights what you came up with. We see some that we are going to add to our list! What would you add?
- Be nice to everyone and learn their names. Everyone has a role in your life, how it plays out is up to you.
- Travel light
- Ask like 80 questions and then don't be satisfied with the answer...EVER, and never accept mediocrity.
- It doesn't take a vagina to wash dishes
- Keep going.
- Most things don't matter, let it slide.
- "Love, in every sense of the word: Who you are and what you do."
- Breathe through it
- Don't look back. Just do it
- Wake up early. I love getting things done in the morning. That feeling of accomplishment when I've checked off most of my to-do list, while a majority of people are still asleep or just waking up- there's nothing like it!
- Carve out a chunk of time in the day to do something for yourself- be it buying a fancy cup of coffee, taking a bath, or splurging on an exercise class you've been wanting to try- can really make a positive difference in your overall attitude.
- Volunteering! Everyone should make a point to volunteer for a cause they believe in- it's good karma and is incredibly rewarding.
- There are no right or wrong choices - there is only what we do with the choices we make.
- Never check-in luggage
- Less is more
- Do it now.
- Paraphrased from the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius - "live rightly and truly and try to be patient with people who don't"
- Don't eat food coloring because it's bad for you!
- Embrace unexpected opportunities
- Don't let vacation days go unused!
- The trick is to find the balance between focus and curiosity.
- What you do every day matters more than what you do every once in a while.
- Don't dwell on the past or obsess over the future; live in the present moment :)
- Don't let the bastards grind you down!